top of page

Monopolar Radio Frequency

Skin tightening and cellulite reduction

Love the body you are in!
  • Deep tissue Radio Frequency (RF) is widely accepted as an effective skin tightening treatment and an effective partner to other cellulite treatments.

  • Radio frequency waves heat tissue in the dermal layers of the skin without affecting the superficial layers.    Monopolar Radio Frequency is the most effective type of RF technology as the waves reach deeper levels  - dermis and hypodermis layers. Bipolar and Tri-polar devices have a shallow reach and cannot give you the same results.

We use different applicators for the face and body to ensure there  isn’t any volume loss on the face except for under the chin.

Skin Tightening

  • A treatment reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimising enlarged pores, acne, and scarring.

  • Existing collagen is contracted for a tighter, more lifted skin and the circulatory system receives a boost which stimulates lymphatic drainage.

  • The procedure triggers fibroplasia, engaging fibroblasts, a process in which the body forms new fibrous tissue, through stimulating the production of collagen.

  • Collagen fibres become shorter and more tense while at the same time, the molecules that make up collagen are left undamaged.

  • Skin elasticity (elastin) increases and loose, sagging skin is tightened.

Cellulite Treatment

  • Thermal heat releases fat from cells in a process called lipolysis - it is particularly effective for localized stubborn fat deposits and cellulite.

  • Cellulite is a skin condition comprising of ectopic fat accumulation within the skin itself as opposed to plain fat, found under the skin.

  • Cellulite fat is accompanied by varying degrees of water retention, skin laxity, fibrosis, inflammation, oxidative damage, and collagen glycation.

  • It responds best to high intensity deep tissue radio frequency waves. As the radio frequency waves transmit, they differentiate between fat cells, which are denser and hold less water, and skin and muscle cells.

  • The tissue temperature rises to approx. 40 degrees Celsius, at which point apoptosis, the natural death of fat cells occurs. Some die instantly and some take a few weeks.

  • The affected fat cells naturally release from the body through the elimination systems..

When will I see results and how often do I need a session?

  • Collagen and elastin production – the main support structure of the skin, decelerates by approx. 1% every year from our late 20’s / early 30’s. At the same time a gradual loss of ceramide occurs , the cement that holds our cells together.

  • Depending on your age and the condition of your skin – 6, 12, 18 or 24 treatments are recommended. This can be discussed at your initial consultation.

  • Results appear gradually as the treatment is non-surgical and activates natural biological processes. The body needs frequently repeated stimulation, as well as time to change. For best results we recommend having a treatment every 3 days.

  • Your lifestyle choices around sugar | alcohol | diet | smoking | hydration | exercise will dramatically affect your results. 

  • Experience has shown that at 4 weeks you will see 80% of the results and at 12 weeks the remaining 20%.

This treatment is not for everyone …

  • Pregnancy/ Breastfeeding /Menstrual period

  • Heart issues / pacemaker or defibrillator

  • Acute inflammatory and /or immune system problems

  • Haemorrhagic disease / numb or insensitive to heat

  • Medical plastic and metal implants 

  • Skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, rosacea, or rashes                                

  • High blood pressure / Cancer/ Kidney and/or Liver damage or disease

Non-medical: No information, treatment or product on this website aims to treat or diagnose any medical condition or to provide/replace medical advice. Always consult your doctor.

bottom of page